Donington Park circuit, UK, 20th October 2016.
We are very pleased to announce the first circuit shakedown of a Judd DB4 GP2 car. The modern 4 litre V8 is the baby brother of the Judd V10 GV4 and GV 4.2 engines, which have powered race and championship winning Boss GP cars since their introduction in 2003. The engine is fitted with electrically operated (drive by wire) Formula 1 derived barrel throttles, resulting in excellent engine responsiveness and driveability.
- Capacity: 4000 Cc
- Configuration: 90 Degree V8, Dohc, 4 Valves Per Cylinder
- Weight: 118 Kg
- Maximum Power: 670 Bhp
- Maximum Rpm: 10,500 Rpm
- Rebuild Interval: 3000 Km
A GP2 chassis installation kit has been designed and manufactured in collaboration with Formula 1 engineering specialists Mansell Motorsport, allowing the engine to be integrated with the existing Dallara chassis and systems.
The engine is fitted with a modern Ecu, which has the following features:
- multiple engine maps, driver switchable.
- Closed loop fuelling, PID Traction control, driver adjustable.
- CAN link for gearbox control, data logging.
- Multi-channel engine safety software to prevent engine damage (overheating, loss of oil pressure, etc).
- Compatible with Motec, Cosworth, Magneti Marelli and Bosch data acquisition and dashboard systems.