Judd GV 5.0 & 5.5L V10
Engine details (5.5L V10)
The 5.0 litre version was introduced for the 2004 season and raced in the US Grand Am series, scoring multiple victories for the Doran racing team, and in the European Le Mans series, scoring a 4th place with the Pescarolo team at the Le Mans 24 hours.
In 2005, the engine powered the Pescarolo team to pole position and a 2nd place finish at the LeMans 24 hours, beating many factory entries in the process. The team won the 2005 ELMS title. In 2006 the engine again powered the Pescarolo team to a 2nd place Le Mans 24 hours finish. The team dominated the ELMS season, winning all 5 races.
Judd GV 5.0 & 5.5L V10 - the popular choices for use in Historic Sportscar racing
The engine capacity was increased to 5.5 litres for the 2007 season resulting in better fuel consumption and increased torque. Pescarolo scored a 3rd place finish at Le Mans closely followed by the Rollcentre racing Dallara which finished 4th, an outstanding result for a small privateer team.
Although the engine remains eligible for Le Mans, the domination of the factory teams has made it unavaible for all but the most wealthy private teams to race in the LMP1 category. The engine is now a popular choice for use in Historic Sportscar racing and is currently campaigned in the US Historic racing series by Robinson Racing and David Porter.
- Capacity: 5000 & 5500 CC
- Configuration: 72 DEGREE V10, DOHC, 4 VALVES PER CYLINDER
- Weight: 145 KG
- Maximum Power: 800 BHP (UNRESTRICTED, WHERE REGULATIONS PERMIT)
- Maximum RPM: 8,500 RPM
- Rebuild Interval: 3000 KM
- Electronics: Motec M1 series ECU, which is compatible with Megaline and Shiftec gearshift systems.
- Closed loop fuelling. PID Traction control, driver adjustable.
- CAN link for gearbox control, data logging.
- Multi-channel engine safety software to prevent engine damage (overheating, loss of oil pressure, etc).
- Compatible with Motec, Cosworth, Magneti Marelli and Bosch data acquisition and dashboard systems.
Make an enquiry
If you would like to get in touch, please call us on +44 (0)1788 541114 or complete the form below.