Engine Developments Ltd – Race Winners since 1971
We are proud to offer our engineering expertise to the following markets:
We are highly skilled and dedicated people with many years’ experience in the design and manufacture of racing engines.
Some of our achievements:
- EDL rebuilt and developed Cosworth DFV engines won 6 F1 Grand Prix between 1976-1983 and powered Keke Rosberg, driving his Williams FW07, to the 1983 F1 World championship.
- EDL/VW F3 engine won all races in Europe for 3 years.
- The EDL designed and manufactured Judd KV engine was supplied to all FIA F3000 teams 1996-2004.
- First engine in F1 to weigh < 100kg.
- Victory at 2002 Daytona 24 hours.
- Victory at 2004,5 Le Mans 24 hours, LMP2 class.
Our engines have powered customers to:
- Multiple Le Mans series race and championship wins.
- Boss GP, Hillclimb, BTCC, Trans Am and GT championship wins.
Engines designed, manufactured & supported by EDL:
- VW Formula 3 engine 1977-1983.
- Brabham-Honda Indycar/F3000 engines 1983-1988.
- Judd F1 V8 & V10 engines 1988-1993.
- Judd KV V8 engine, FIA F3000 championship 1996-2004.
- Yamaha F1 V10 engines 1993-1997.
- Le Mans 24 hours V8 & V10 prototype engines 1992-present.
What we do
Engine Development & Testing
Make an enquiry
If you would like to get in touch, please call us on +44 (0)1788 541114 or complete the form below.